The importance of this experience comes from the opportunity of being able to efficiently and widely implement all the technological and process innovations, via a full modernization of all IT applications in the hospital and territorial area in use at the ISS, that are essential for jointly achieving the quality goals of care and prevention, together with efficiency of the professional and economic resources used.
Some of the elements that are most significant from a technological point of view in the project are:
- the possibility for the citizen to access his own healthcare information through a Services Website
- the use of mobile Electronic Clinical Records
- the use of an "electronic bracelet" for certain identification of the patient
- the creation of a sole company data repository for information
- A natively "paperless" approach for widespread reduction/elimination of paper products.
Thanks to Engineering's technical contribution and specific expertise in the healthcare sector, a true "innovation enabling" infrastructure has been created that allows various IT applications to communicate with each other, exchanging data about the citizen-patient, in order to guarantee coherence and integration between data in various phases or episodes of care and aid processes.
Basically, not only a technological evolution of support systems for healthcare processes, but an actual moment of innovation for the State, that actively contributes to the quality of citizens' lives.
The project can be summarized into three macro areas of intervention: implementation of software modules for the hospital area (reception, A&E, wards, ...), for the territorial area (CUP - Sole Booking Center, GPs, food safety and workplaces, ...) and integration activities with external systems that are not yet involved by the change.
The project became operational in 2014 and is currently in progress.