Engineering Innovation In
A model of sustainable innovation that broadens the tourist experience by enabling free movement without a car.
Approach & Solution
Our client is a Tourist District which covers five municipalities. Local inhabitants are more than 10000, while more than million tourists visit and stay in the area each year. The main street that crosses the district is a small two-lane road trafficked by heavy vehicles, city buses and tourist buses. Furthermore, the tourist center that extends from the lake to the mountains does not have public transport. The obvious infrastructural difficulties, combined with the strong appeal of the territory to tourists, lead to a large number of vehicles travelling through the five municipalities, which is devastating from the point of view of both congestion and pollution. The challenge is to realize a sustainable Smart Mobility solution that can be a model of tourism innovation, improving tourists' travel experience and citizens' quality of life.
The technological platform for Smart Mobility proposed realised by our team allows the development and management of an electric mobility infrastructure for tourists and citizens, allowing move without cars throughout the territory. The solution includes:
- Outsourced management of district accessibility.
- Development of a web platform enabling smart payment solutions, App and remote support.
- Creation of a system that manages 5 ZTLs (limited traffic zones) with barriers, controls and two (or more) obligatory car parks for tourists.
- Implementation of an infrastructure for sharing of electric vehicles (electric pedal-assisted bikes, electric cars, electric scooters, electric shuttles, electric boats).
- Integration of a smart ticketing solution dedicated to access the museums available in the area.
Better relationships between villages stakeholders
Reduction of car use and parking
Increase in tourist numbers
Reduction of congestion
AI & Advanced Analytics
Municipia ( Engineering Group)