Engineering Innovation in
A research project aimed at providing new services to the citizens, through the integration of proximity technologies and IoT.
Approach & Solution
Proximity technologies and services are assuming a fundamental role in facilitating everyday life: from NFC payment apps, to QR scanning, up to technologies such as Beacon, BLE, RFID, ZigBee, Wi-Fi, etc. SUNRISE ("Technologies for proximity services and mobility in smart cities and areas") is an innovative project born from the fruitful collaboration between companies belonging to the Tuscan area. The aim of the project is to create a modular, open ecosystem of proximity services and technologies as well as Location Based Services (LBS), which will be more integrated and advanced, leveraging IoT technologies. Engineering is the coordinator of the project and one of the partners together with: PLANET, LEONET (VAR Group), PROJECT, DATAPOS, CUBIT, LIBEROLOGICO.
Within the project, Engineering provides a complete User Experience through the following services:
- Indoor/outdoor localization (“core” service).
- Payment, ticketing and booking ("device independent" service).
- Infomobility, parking payment, access authorizations, etc.
- Dematerialization of payment cards and fidelity cards.
- Business Intelligence for data elaboration of big data.
- “Personal service card”: a digital, unique ID for vehicles and people.
- Prototypes for city, health and tourist contexts.
Higher integration between technologies and services
Components can be easily integrated
Dynamic offering of products and services
Innovation Cost cutting Visibility
Engineering Finance Business Unit