Engineering Innovation in
Verona is becoming increasingly "smart": a new digital system to regulate and control access, exits and length of stay of commercial vehicles in ZTLs (Limited Traffic Areas).
Approach & Solution
Our company has proven to be a reliable partner for facing the daily challenges of municipalities and making everyday life easier for citizens. We provided our skills and technologies to the Municipality of Verona, supporting the following needs:
- Verify compliance with the rules regarding vehicles' time limits to load and unload goods within Limited Traffic Zones.
- Fight European Blue Badge counterfeiting and improve the effectiveness of roadside checks with new tools.
- Automate access and control procedures for vehicles with handicapped people in ZTL, reducing workload at the counter.
These goals were achieved through:
- Installation of 27 Mobility Gates equipped with UHF RFID (radio frequency identification) technology, measuring vehicles lenght of stay inside the ZTL.
- The possibility for citizens and companies to buy and manage their permits online.
- Distribution of UHF RFID anti-counterfeiting and anti-misuse tags for commercial vehicles and Blue Badges.
Automation of access requests management
Better roadside checks and fewer Badge counterfeiting
Reduction of ZTL congestion
Process performance Innovation Visibility
Cloud IoT Data & analytics Cybersecurity
Engineering proprietary products & other technologies
RFID Mobility Gate
Kiunsys (Engineering Group)