The data controller
We inform you that, pursuant to Article 13 of EU Regulation 2016/679 (hereafter, "Regulation" or "GDPR"), your personal data is processed by ENGINEERING INGEGNERIA INFORMATICA SPA (hereafter Engineering) as Data Controller.
The Data Protection Officer (hereafter, "DPO") can be contacted at the following address: email@example.com.
The types of data processed
Engineering will process your personal data, which is collected for the purpose of registering with the website www.eng.it to allow you to access the services available on the site (including registration for 'Webinars' and/or 'Conferences', receipt of newsletters, etc.). The data collected includes but is not limited to: name, surname, professional profile, e-mail address and general contact details.
Purpose, legal basis and optionality of processing
Below is a list of the purposes for which Engineering uses your personal data and the relevant legal bases:
To allow you to register for and participate in online events and webinars and related activities (e.g. management of attendance, production of certificates, processing and sharing of educational materials, etc.) as well as the use of services provided and/or accessible from Engineering's institutional website.
To fulfil any legal, regulatory and/or Community obligations.
Necessary for the execution of a contract to which you are party [Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR].
Necessary for compliance with legal obligations to which Engineering is subject [Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR].
For statistical analysis and related services (surveys at the end of the webinars).
Justified on the basis of Engineering's legitimate interest in ensuring that it can conduct and improve its business (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR) GDPR.
For the sending of promotional or marketing communications including newsletters and market research, by both automated means (sms, mms, e-mail, push notifications, fax) and non-automated means (mail, telephone with operator).
Justified by your prior consent (Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR)
The provision of your personal data for these purposes is optional and there are no consequences if you refuse to provide it.
Your personal data that is collected for commercial and/or marketing purposes will be processed with your specific consent. When prompted, clicking/selecting “I agree”, “I confirm” or similar buttons/boxes/functions in connection with a privacy statement equates to the provision of your consent for the processing of your personal data where required by national and/or European law.
Please note that Engineering obtains one form of consent only for the marketing purposes described here, pursuant to the General Provision of the Guarantee for the Protection of Personal Data “Guidelines for promotional activities and the combating of spam” of 4 July 2013; if, in any case, you wish to object to the processing of your data for marketing purposes carried out by the means indicated here, and wish to revoke the consent given, you may do so at any time by using the Unsubscribe Form without affecting the lawfulness of processing operations based on the consent given prior to the revocation.
Recipients of personal data
Your personal data may be shared with:
- individuals authorised by Engineering (ex art. 29 GDPR) to allow them to carry out their professional duties (e.g. employees and system administrators etc.);
- service providers who typically act as data controllers (ex art. 28 GDPR);
- organisers or co-organisers of e-learning courses, webinars and conferences where registration is required;
- subjects, bodies or authorities to whom it is mandatory to communicate your personal data by virtue of legal provisions or orders from the authorities.
The data may be accessible to other Engineering Group companies for the same purposes as above and/or for administrative-accounting purposes pursuant to Article 6 and Recitals 47 and 48 of the GDPR.
A complete and updated list of the recipients of the data may be requested from the Data Controller at the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you request subscription to a course provided by a party other than Engineering, you are invited to read the information provided by the latter, which will act as an autonomous Data Controller.
Data transfer outside the EU
Engineering hereby informs you that for any transfer of Personal Data to countries outside the EU/EEA, the processing operations themselves will (unless otherwise indicated) be based on an adequacy decision or will be governed by standard contractual clauses. Any other transfers outside the EEA will be made in accordance with the appropriate mechanisms and in compliance with the standards governing international data transfers permitted by applicable law.
The conservation of personal data
Your Personal Data will be retained by Engineering only for the time necessary for the purposes for which it is collected, in accordance with the principle of minimisation set out in Article 5(1)(c) of the GDPR.
Data collected for marketing purposes will be deleted after 24 months from its provision.
Engineering may retain some data even after the termination of the contractual relationship, for the time necessary to fulfil contractual and legal obligations.
Modes of data processing
In relation to the aforementioned purposes, the processing of personal data is carried out using manual, computerised and telematic tools with rationales strictly related to the purposes of data collection and, in any case, in such a way as to ensure the security and confidentiality of the data, in addition to compliance with the specific obligations laid down by law.
Your privacy rights
At any time, you have the right to ask Engineering:
- for access to your personal data. This right entitles you to ask Engineering whether it holds any personal data regarding you and to obtain a copy of it.
- for the rectification of your personal data. This right allows you to correct your data if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
- the deletion of your personal data. This right allows you to request that Engineering deletes your personal data.
- to object to the processing of your personal data. You may formulate a request to object to the processing of your data pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR, giving evidence of the reasons for your objection: Engineering reserves the right to evaluate your request, which would not be accepted in the event of the existence of compelling legitimate grounds for processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms.
- the limitation of processing in the cases provided for in Article 18 of the GDPR.
- to obtain a copy of the data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in the cases provided for in Article 20 of the Regulation. This right allows you to request Engineering to transmit such personal data to another data controller.
In addition, if you have given your consent for marketing communications by ticking the relevant boxes, you can opt out of receiving such communications at any time by using the Unsubscribe Form. In this case Engineering will retain your data only the extent necessary to record your request to stop receiving such communications.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority (Guarantee for the Protection of Personal Data) pursuant to Article 77 of the Regulation, if you believe that your data protection rights have been violated.
Requests should be addressed in writing to Engineering or to the DPO at the address indicated above.
Please contact Engineering in writing to email@example.com to exercise your rights.