WiseGRID is a project funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
WiseGRID integrates, demonstrates and validates advanced ICT services and systems in the energy distribution grid in order to provide secure, sustainable and flexible smart grids and give more power to the European energy consumer.
Its main objective is to provide a set of solutions and technologies to increase the smartness, stability and security of an open, consumer-centric European energy grid. The project will combine an enhanced use of storage technologies, a highly increased share of Renewable Energy Sources (RES) and the integration of charging infrastructure to favour the large-scale deployment of electric vehicles. It will place citizens at the centre of the transformation of the grid.
More than 1.700 users will demonstrate WiseGRID solutions in 4 large scale pilot sites during at least 15 months. The demonstration activities will take place in real conditions in 3 different electric Cooperatives and consumer-centric public DSOs, such as ECOPOWER in Flanders, electric cooperative of Crevillent (Spain) and ASM Terni in Italy, and other larger and private entities, such as HEDNO, which is the DSO responsible for the development, operation and maintenance of the Hellenic Electricity Distribution Network, involving different types of actors of the distribution grid and energy retail market actors, such as customers/prosumers (households and business), DSOs, retailers, aggregators and car-sharing companies.
The project develops in different operational areas:
• WIOP: WiseGRID InterOperable Platform
• WG COCKPIT:A micro control room
• WISECOOP: Application for energy retailers, aggregators, local communities and cooperatives of consumers and prosumers
• WISECORP: Corporate application
• WISEHOME: Application for individual domestic consumers and prosumers to become active energy players
• WISEEVP: WiseGRID Electric Vehicle Platform
• WGFASTV2G: A fast charging station for electric vehicles
• WGSTAAS/VPP: WiseGRID energy STorage as a Service/Virtual Power Plants
• WG RESCO WiseGRID Renewable Energy Service COmpany.
Engineering designs, develops and evaluates WIOP, WGSTAAS/VPP and WG RESCO and it provides its experience and knowhow during the whole project Life Cycle.