The Ferretti Group is an Italian company that is a world leader in the design, building and sale of motor yachts, with a singular portfolio of prestigious brands that are among the most exclusive in the nautical world: Ferretti Yachts, Pershing, Itama, Bertram, Riva, Mochi Craft, CRN and Ferretti Custom Line.
As part of a modernization and evolution project for its management system, it identified some key drivers among its main requisites:
- increase in operational flexibility (procurement time for infrastructures)
- increase in cost model flexibility (pay per use)
- reduction of running costs
- implementation of the entire SAP ECC 6, BI, BO, BPC suite in a shorter time.
- guarantee of future scalability without significant investments.
Engineering has proposed a Cloe.SAP solution as an answer to Ferretti's goals
- based on a Cloud Computing solution
- completed with all the SAP Landscape system management services
- in pay per use mode
- with the provisioning time of 1 week
- natively developed in high fidelity
- with the possibility of guaranteed infrastructural upscaling by at least 300%.
The benefits of this solution that Ferretti discovered were therefore:
- saving in running costs of the SAP infrastructure
- fast upscaling of new calculation and storage resources
- “quick deployment” of new SAP environments for demos, training, prototype development and the ECC, BI, BO, and BPC production environments
- reduction of service costs.
The SAP.Cloe solutions combines Engineering's experience and expertise in the SAP sector in the area of system and infrastructure management, in compliance with SAP best practices, guaranteed by SAP Hosting and Cloud Computing certification.