Approach & Solution
For Regione Veneto, we realized a biosurveillance system, based on a collaborative platform architecture capable of correlating health data, public administration data, and geographical data to create a real-time monitoring system for controlling the spread of Coronavirus.
Our biosurveillance platform, DE4Bios, was adopted during the pandemic because it allows harmonization, synchronization, integration, visualization, combination, association, and analysis of data from different data sources. The platform, based on Digital Enabler, provides a comprehensive and wide-ranging view of the correlation between the effects of regional measures and the concrete results.
- Ingestion Microservice: based on Spring Batch, which will implement maximum code reuse across the currently planned 21 different ingestion flows. Each individual microservice of a specific flow can be launched on multiple nodes to ensure greater scalability capacity.
- Export Microservice: based on Spring Batch, which can be launched on a specific tables.
- RDBMS as the database supporting Spring Batch required for job management.
- NoSQL as the database supporting the configuration parameters of the Data Quality.
- Orchestration Microservice: based on Spring Batch, as application orchestrator for the ingestion module will ensure load balancing.
We adopted DevOps methodologies and ensured business continuity for our client.
Improved performance of DE4Bios
Improved response times compared to SLAs
Ability to autoscale in case of workload overload
Reduced maintenance costs
Engineering proprietary products & other technologies
Research & Innovation