Engineering: leader della Digital Transformation
Who is the data controller?
Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.a., with its registered office in Rome, Piazzale dell’Agricoltura 24-00144, is the data controller for the website https://www.eng.it/ regarding the processing of personal data concerning you.
The Data Protection officer can be contacted via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data processing carried out by Engineering is based on the principles of:
- restriction of purpose and retention
- minimisation of data
- confidentiality for the protection of the online privacy of its users.
Clarifications for the “Work with Us” section: the collection and subsequent processing of data entered by users in the appropriate forms will be carried out by all companies in the Engineering Group (Joint Data Controllers) in a joint manner.
According to the co-ownership agreement concluded between the aforementioned companies, as outlined in Article 26 of the Regulation, the respective roles and responsibilities regarding compliance with the obligations deriving from this Regulation have been determined. If you would like to read the main content of the agreement, please contact Engineering.
What data will be processed?
Browsing data, data provided voluntarily by the user, cookies and other related technologies.
- Browsing data: this is information that is not collected to be specifically connected to identified users, but which by their nature could, through processing and association with data held by third parties, allow you to identify users. This category of data includes the IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by users connecting to the website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) address of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters related to the operating system and the user’s computer environment.
- Data provided voluntarily by the user: when using certain services on the website, Personal Data that you have sent to Engineering may end up being processed by third parties. In this case you yourself will become the data controller and will accept all obligations and legal responsibilities. This means that Engineering cannot in any way be held responsible for any damages suffered by third parties as the result of data processing. In any case, if you provide or otherwise process third-party Personal Data when using the website, you will from that point onwards assume any related responsibility and guarantee that this particular reason for data processing has a suitable legal basis pursuant to Article 6 of the Regulation that legitimises the processing of the information in question.
Why does Engineering use your personal data?
Engineering primarily uses your data to check the correct functioning of the website, to respond to any request for assistance or information, to collect CVs, for the statistical analysis of anonymous data and to fulfil legal, accounting and tax obligations.
Below is a list of the purposes for which Engineering uses your personal data and the relevant legal bases for these:
- Purpose: to obtain anonymous statistical information on the use of the website and to check its correct functioning and to identify any anomalies and/or abuses.
Legal Basis: necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest pursued by Engineering in order to check the proper functioning of the website and identify any anomalies and/or abuses [Article 6(1)(f) GDPR].
- Purpose: to respond to requests for information or assistance.
Legal Basis: necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party [Article. 6(1)(b) GDPR].
The provision of Personal Data for these purposes is optional but failure to provide this would make it impossible to activate the services provided by the website.
- Purpose: to collect and examine CVs in order to allow Engineering Group companies, as Joint Data Controllers, to contact candidates who have submitted their application through the “Work with Us” section of the website.
Legal Basis: necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party [Article 6(1)(b)GDPR]. The provision of Personal Data for these purposes is optional but failure to provide this would make it impossible to assess CVs.
With specific reference to purpose of analysis of social profiles of a professional nature made freely available on the Internet, the legal basis of this data processing is Article 6(1)(f) of the Regulation, or rather, that it is in the legitimate interest of the Joint Data Controllers to verify any risks regarding a candidate’s suitability to fill a specific open position.
- Purpose: for the purposes of statistical research/analysis on anonymous or aggregated data that Engineering may receive from social providers (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.), regarding, for example, the performance of advertisements related to Engineering’s products on the pages of these social providers or the users viewing these advertisements, or general demographic data. Engineering is not provided with any information (such as first names, surnames or email addresses) that would allow it, even indirectly, to trace the identity of the user.
Legal Basis: according to Article 6 (1)(f) of the Regulation, it is in the interest of Engineering both in economic terms and in terms of increasing or improving the advertising of its products through the statistical analysis of aggregated data.
- Purpose: to fulfil any legal, accounting and tax obligations.
Legal Basis: this processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which Engineering is subject under Article 6(1)(c) of Regulation.
With whom will your personal data be shared?
Your data will be shared with subjects acting as data processors, subjects and authorities to whom it is compulsory to communicate your personal data according to the legal provisions and persons authorised by Engineering to process personal data.
- The subjects that typically act as data processors are:
- persons, companies or professional firms that provide assistance and advice to Engineering in terms of accounting, administrative, legal, tax, financial and debt collection matters related to the provision of Services
- subjects with whom it is necessary to interact for the provision of Services (e.g. hosting providers)
- subjects delegated to carry out technical maintenance activities (including the maintenance of network equipment and electronic communications networks).
- Your data may be disclosed to subjects, bodies or authorities to whom it is mandatory to communicate your personal data pursuant to legal provisions or by order of the authorities.
- The persons authorised by Engineering to process Personal Data are, for example, employees of Engineering who physically carry out personal data processing operations.
How long is your data stored for?
Your data is kept for up to 30 days, with certain exceptions.
Browsing data is deleted with 30 days, except in the event of ascertainment of liability for computer crimes against the website or third parties.
The Personal Data processed will be kept for the time that is strictly necessary to achieve these same purposes.
The Personal Data processed for purposes relating to legal, accounting and tax obligations will be kept until the time provided for by the specific obligation or applicable law.
Who could your personal data be sent to?
Some of your Personal Data is shared with Recipients that may be located outside the European Economic Area.
Engineering ensures that the processing of your Personal Data by these Recipients will take place in compliance with the Regulation.
Transfers may be based on an adequacy decision, Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission or on another relevant legal basis.
More information can be requested from Engineering via the following email address: email@example.com.
What are your rights?
You always have the right to ask Engineering to access your data and obtain a copy, edit or delete it. You can also object to the processing of your data or request a restriction of processing.
Pursuant to Articles 15 et seq. of the Regulation, you have the right, at any time, to ask Engineering for access to your Personal Data, the correction or deletion of this data as well as to object to its processing, you have the right, pursuant to Article 18 of the Regulation, to request a restriction of processing of your data, as well as to obtain this data in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable form as outlined in Article 20 of the Regulation.
Requests should be addressed in writing to Engineering via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In any case, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant Supervisory Authority (Personal Data Protection Authority), pursuant to Article 77 of the Regulation, if you believe that the processing of your Personal Data is in violation of existing legislation.