- Engineering acquires 100% of Cybertech, one of Italy and Europe's main players in the field of Cybersecurity.
- For Engineering, this is a strategic operation for the development of a new centre of excellence in the form of Cybersecurity, a decisive field in helping customers through the digitisation process.
- Through Cybertech, Engineering will continue to invest in Cybersecurity by offering the best technologies, platforms and expertise in order to prevent, repel, manage and contain cyberattacks in an international market environment where system risks and breaches are growing exponentially.
Engineering has acquired 100% of Cybertech, the first national Cybersecurity provider and one of Europe's main players in the field of Cybersecurity. Engineering has held a 51% share in Cybertech since 2019; the acquisition of the remaining 49% is a confirmation of the Italian multinational's commitment to strengthening the development of its Cybersecurity offering to its customers at a time of increasing market demand.
“We are a Digital Transformation Company with big ambitions - says Maximo Ibarra, CEO of the Engineering Group -. We are committed to launching a new phase in Engineering's history that also involves investing in strategic platforms for our customers. Tech Excellence is our focus, and in Cybersecurity we clearly see a key element in the digital transformation pathways we design and make for our customers. With this operation, as well as the important development plans we have for this field (which aim to define Engineering as a true centre of excellence for Cybersecurity), we have consolidated the foundations of a new phase of growth for a service offering that over time will guarantee the best technologies, platforms and skills that are also needed in the field of cybersecurity, something that will be an increasingly strategic influence for the group".
Founded in Italy in 2007 under the name OmnitechIT before becoming Cybertech in 2019, over the years the company has been able to establish itself as a leader in Cybersecurity in terms of skills and size in an extremely fragmented market, recording steady growth and seeing revenues of almost €29 million in 2021. With customers in more than 20 countries across Europe, the United States and South America, Cybertech has more than 300 Cybersecuritym specialists spread across Italy, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, Serbia and Spain, who work together to protect more than 20 petabytes of data from cyber threats, intercepting over 120 billion known vulnerability breaches every day. The company is well-positioned in all aspects of Cybersecurity, with particular expertise in Architecture Analysis, Identity and Access Management and Application Security, with projects allowing customers to manage and govern digital identities, block cyberattacks using SOC (Security Operations Centre) guided by Artificial Intelligence, and defend and secure data, networks and infrastructure, thereby ensuring a safe digital space for employees, customers and partners.
With Engineering owning 100% of the company's share capital, Cybertech will now be able to strengthen the Group's strategic expertise in IAM (Identity and Access Management) and SOC (Security Operation Center) and will have the opportunity to focus on Advisory and Managed Services, considered to be some of the areas of cybersecurity that will see the greatest growth over the coming years, therefore giving the Group a leading role in the Cybersecurity market.
Cybertech's new CEO will be Fabio Momola, COO of the Engineering Group and CEO of the Engineering subsidiary D.HUB which controls the Group's cloud activities. Momola will succeed company founder Roberto Mignemi, who has succesfully lead the company in its domestic and European growth.
In a statement, Fabio Momola said “On behalf of the whole of Cybertech and the entire Engineering Group, I would like to thank Roberto Mignemi for his vision and extraordinary work over the years. Roberto has created an excellence that we hope to build on and take to new levels on a much wider scale. We are ready to invest in the very best talents (and their continuous training) and the most advanced technological solutions to bring Cybertech's service offering within the Engineering Group into the heart of new digital ecosystems. With the support of the Group behind it, Cybertech is ready to grow in the most innovative areas by taking advantage of emerging trends in tech. The market is heavily investing in Cybersecurity skills and capabilities, so with Cybertech Engineering intends to play a major role in this field by recruiting talents, training, certifications and M&A. Furthermore, we will have the chance to express strong potential compared to our competitors by relying on the Group's most important synergies, such as the use of infrastructure skills and the D.HUB Cloud”.