The Shareholders’ meeting of Engineering Ingegneria Informatica Spa, the largest Italian technology group, held today, approved the 2021 Financial Statements, which confirm the Company’s role as the leading Italian player in Digital Transformation.
In 2021, the Group registered a strengthening of growth basically in all market segments in which it operated – targeting medium and large private and public customers – and an improvement in profitability. Obtained results close an important decade of consolidation, characterized by a constant positive trend and lay the foundations for a new phase of development, both on domestic and international markets.
The main financial indicators are as follows:
- TOTAL REVENUES stood at €1,321 million, with an increase of 6.4% (of which 5.7% in organic growth) compared to 2020, and higher than the one registered on the digital market for which in 2021 Anitec -Assinform estimates a growth of +5.5%;
- EBITDA ADJUSTED equalled €198.2 million, with an increase of 11.7% compared to the previous year and with a profitability percentage on net revenues going from 14.6% in 2020 to 15.3% in 2021;
- NET PROFIT registered about €47.5 million, in line with the positive trend of recent years (net of 2020, which benefited from non-comparable extraordinary income).
Interesting aspects reflected by the positive performance include:
- Organic, homogeneous and widespread growth in all the main areas in which the Group operated, each of which maintains a balanced percentage of the total value in revenues;
- the confirmation of the Group’s ability to govern the most advanced enabling technologies, which also allowed, in 2021, to carry out numerous projects as well as proprietary platforms for the development of ecosystems, based on the application of Big Data, AI, Cloud Computing, IoT, Cybersecurity, AR/VR, RPA;
- the continuous and strong commitment of the Group in Research & Development activities, which sees it involved at the forefront, also in a leadership position, in dozens of European research projects, allowing to develop cutting-edge market solutions first and effectively, training at the same time and constantly its people on the latest technological frontiers.
The Shareholders’ meeting also ratified the appointment, deliberated during the Board of Directors’ meeting held last 28 March, of Gaetano Miccichè as Chairman of the Group.
Maximo Ibarra, Engineering’s CEO, comments: “The Group’s financial figures approved today confirm a solid performance in all sectors and in all divisions and consolidate the role of Engineering as a strategic Digital Transformation Company in the digital transition underway in Italy. Our Company represents an extraordinary reality that grows at a higher rate than the ICT market in Italy. We plan to continue this way, targeting new investments and recruiting many new talents. For this reason, we confirm our commitment to a recruitment plan of 1,000 new employees to facilitate the leap in ladder, also at international level, and constantly improve our offering for our customers. Despite the uncertainties that the current economic phase is going through, we believe that all the conditions exist to build market opportunities, starting from a new awareness of companies – both public and private – on the need to transform themselves and on the value that digitalization generates, also thanks to the impulse of Italy’s National Recovery and Resilience Plan (PNRR)".