Approach & Solution
The goals of the digitalisation path were:
- Reduce information silos in the manufacturing environment
- Optimize the production activities and the efficiency of the plant processes with relative improvement of the control/monitoring by the management
- Reduce the use of paper supports
- Improve accuracy in defining delivery dates to customers.
The MES is the backbone of the solution allowing for bi-directional integration between the ERP system (SAP) and the store. The Scheduler provided production planning functionality, while the Andon provided visualization of production progress on the line.
The solution provided the following macro-functions:
- Production management and progress
- Product traceability
- Management of defective products
- Management of reworks.
Improvement of the information flow between the various company functions
Improvement of management control over production
Elimination of paper supports
More accuracy in defining delivery dates to customers
Industry & Services