Who is NN EUROPE
Created in the summer of 2000 as a joint venture between SKF, FAG Kugelfischer Georg Schaeffler AG and NN Ball & Roller Inc. for the manufacture and sale of chrome-plated steel ball bearings and other products for the automotive sector. With later acquisitions, there are now 5 active NN Europe factories in Europe.
A reliable partner
Autonomously managing company information systems and simplifying the organization as a group: a strong decision that, bringing about the end of the relationship with the SKF IT structure, required the choice of a reliable partner that, together with an internal IT structure, dealt with the design and creation of the new IT system. A partner that had the following characteristics:
- capacity to provide a 360° service in IT
- expertise in manufacturing sector management systems
- interest in establishing a long-lasting relationship
- proven reliability and solidity
- immediate usability of the solution.
The solution for managing complexity
The choice was therefore oriented towards the adoption of the "FULL" template of the solution based on the SAP ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) platform (modules FI, CO, AM, SD, MM, PP), with outsourced management at Engineering for all the necessary infrastructure (also usable in ASP mode).
At the same time, NN EUROPE also identified full outsourcing of its IT services (mail, internet, LAN /WAN and desktop management) as the best choice for managing its own IT. The choice of outsourcing has allowed NN EUROPE to focus fully on processes and less on management of its technological environments
The main milestones of the program
- Start up of the new information system for the Italian NN EUROPE factory, including the EDI solutions for customer, supplier and logistics operator relations management and full outsourcing of the site
- Revision of logistic and administrative processes using the group logic
- Start up of the Kilkenny site (IRL) including networking management, and subsequently that of Eltmann (DE), Kysucké Nové Mesto (SK) and Veenendaal (NL) including management of networking and email services.
The services entrusted to Engineering
- Application Server Management
- Outsourcing of systems
- Systems Administration
- Network Monitoring and Management
- SAP Administration
- Internet/Mail Services
- EDI procedure management
- Help Desk & Call Center
- Desktop Management (Italian site)
- Application Maintenance.
The program foresees the realization of new project and evolution and maintenance of the previous:
- extension of the Warehouse Outsourcing, for the Eltmann site, involving logistic flows of production sites in Slovakia, Ireland and Italy
- management of Consignment Stock between the Slovakia/Ireland production sites to Germany/Italy
- implementation of the EDI Consignment Stock connection from the Italy production site in France.
The key to success
Engineering has set up a large, dedicated work team for:
- managing integration of the various sites with change management and ASP roll-out solution
- supporting the users for each activity in the IT environment for the Italian site
- collaboration with the external logistics operator for the Italian site and with customers for all the European sites
- supporting ASP solution users in daily "how to use" and "how to do" activities on the solution.